Preliminary Information Form
Called to make disciples among the unreached? Start here!
1. Check in with yourself
Please take some time to ask yourself (and answer honestly) the following questions as you begin the MUP
application process. (If married, do this individually and then share together.)
- What does my relationship with the Lord look like?
- Where do I need growth to be a role model for new believers?
- How am I living out my faith in my home church/fellowship? in my local community? beyond?
- How do I feel about working closely with those of different doctrinal and cultural backgrounds?
- How am I at being a team player?
- In what ways do I need to grow as I consider becoming part of a team focused on an unreached people group, and the extra stresses of cross-cultural living?
- How am I doing at managing my finances?
- What debts or obligations might delay me from going? (ask MUP if you have questions about our policy on debt)
- How do I feel about building a ministry partnership team to support the work we will be part of?
- Personal Issues
- How does my lifestyle reflect a commitment to personal purity? What areas need growth?
- How does my spouse and family feel about my/our call to missions?
- Am I healthy enough emotionally and physically to endure the rigors of ministry in hard places?
- What is my understanding of God's heart for the nations?
- How do I feel about committing my life to seeing a UPG transformed with the Gospel?
2. Check in with your church
Make an appointment with your missions or head pastor (or a leader in your church who knows you well)
to share a bit about your calling or desire to go, and how you are exploring MUP and its vision for ministry.
Share and receive feedback on your readiness to go in the areas listed above. (If married, both should
meet together with your pastor.)
3. Check in with MUP
Thank you for taking these preparatory steps! We would love to connect with you and your pastor/leader to see
what God has in store. We highly value you and your church and desire to build these relationships early in
the process. Please fill out the information below.
Please note: To be sent by MUP you must be a citizen of the US or Canada, or be eligible for employment in the US or Canada (ex. have a Green Card)
When you hit "SUBMIT" on the form below, its contents will be automatically emailed to a Candidate Specialist
who will follow up with you on this. We will also contact your pastor for his or her initial reference.